Yard Sale Mobile Apps
While yard sales may be as old as time, mobile apps are new to the scene and in just a few short years, have completely changed the way we approach yard sales. From pricing apps to yard sale discovery apps, there are lots of apps to consider for your yard sale-ing needs. Below you will find 5 mobile apps that every yard sale-r should download:
1. BookScouter – (FREE) The Bookscouter mobile app allows you to scan the ISBN barcode of text books and find out what they are worth in seconds! This can be especially lucrative because text books are generally priced between $1-$5 at yard sales, and they can be worth hundreds of dollars! If you find yourself at a yard sale that has a lot of text books, quickly open the Bookscouter mobile app, scan the ISBN to see what it’s worth on up to 45 sites like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Abes Books & many more.
2. Gsalr App – (FREE) The Gsalr mobile app displays all local yard sales on a handy map right on your mobile phone! Regardless of where you are in the country, you can open put the Gsalr.com app, allow it to find your location and the app will display nearby yard sales, give you directions to the sale and allow you to favorite the best sales. The best part about this app is that it also gives you the date and time of a sale along with a quick description & photos of the items for sale.
3. Ebay – (FREE) The Ebay mobile app is for the die hard yard salers who want to know if they are getting a good deal! Ever find something that looks expensive or has unique markings, but you have no idea what it is or what it’s worth? Use the Ebay mobile app to search for the item and see it’s value within seconds. You can also use the app to search for an item in both the current and closed listings to see if you are getting a fair price.
4. Google Wallet – (FREE) Google Wallet allows you to send money to anyone with just an email address. Now, not all yard sale sellers will be this savvy, but more and more are using things like Google Wallet. This can be a great way to pay for a yard sale purchase if you don’t have enough cash or ran out of cash at the last yard sale.
5. Amazon – (FREE) If you plan to resell yard sale finds on Amazon, we definitely recommend downloading the Amazon mobile app. Searching your yard sale finds (before buying them) can help you determine if you are getting a good price on something. One of the neat features of the Amazon mobile app, is that it allows you to take a picture of an item and Amazon will tell you what the item is selling for on Amazon.
Did we miss any? Leave us a comment with the mobile app you use to help you yard sale!